Monday, July 2, 2012

Loving Kindness/Mental workout

Well the loving kindness exercise got me thinking about how what we give is what we get, now I will think before I send out negativity and expect to get something different back.  It was a little difficult to take the time needed to practice but I believe that once I can set aside at least 5 minutes to try again I will be able to make the most out of it.  I would recommend this to anyone who needs to get back to a place of loving not only themselves but everyone around them.
Mental workout is the ability to train your mind into being more productive and positive.  With this practice you can reduce negative emotions that cause anger, hatred, fear, worry, confusion, and doubt while increasing positive emotions such as patience, loving-kindness, openness, acceptance, and happiness (Dacher, 2006).  Try and make those negative thoughts into positive ones, learn from every situation and grow.  With less negativity in your life you can bring about positive changes because you get back what you put out.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Marie,

    I know what you mean about thinking about how we actually think of ourselves and others. I catch myself, too many times, either talking down to myself for some silly little mistake or getting negative about someone else for something trivial. This is definitely something I need to work on.

    Have a great week,

    greta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marie,
    I also know what you mean when we speak negatively to our selves. We are our own worst critic all the time. We tend to be harder on ourselves than anybody else. I am sure that taking the negative and making them positive would be very beneficial to everybody. Negativity is not good for stress.

    ReplyDelete