After trying to complete the Meeting Aesclepius practice I was not very pleased by the outcome, instead of feeling peaceful I needed to use the restroom and take some Tylenol. Meditation that's dont correctly can enhance an individual's well being, both physical and psychological. Unfortunately if done incorrectly it leads to nothing but headache and pain.
The saying: "One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself" goes to being able to lead by example. You have to first practice what you preach to be able to help others, when you can guide them and ensure they understand what the ultimate goal is. Health, happiness, and well being.
So you didn't get much out of the exercise either. So tell me what was wrong with it? For me it just goes to far from what I know. I am a very strong Christian and I know that my identity, strength and peace comes from Him and Him only. So acknowledging anything about the "healing god Ascelpius" is just not going to happen. To be honest my spirit would not let me agree with alot that was going on.
ReplyDeleteThat's what happens when you mind has been set on something and then you try and push that aside and try and get it to think of something else as true. I couldn't find a place where I could acknowledge another god; "put no god before me," kept coming into my mind. I think the other practices are better than this one and not so hard.
Delete